Sunday 29 March 2009

Terrifying tiki

You see tikis all over the place in Hawai`i, most often in hotel lobbies, bars and restaurants and occasionally in some homes. They're usually quite small although that's not always the case. This one is big. Really big. A little scary as well, although I think that's part of the idea. In any case, I suspect if I was a toddler growing up there I wouldn't be playing in the road as the sign suggests, I'd either be cowering in the corner too scared to go out or a long way away! I wouldn't want that thing staring at me...

4 comments:

heeny may said...

Thank You for a beautiful an interesting )ufo) blog! Hope You continue.

Tom said...

Heeny - thanks for stopping by and comments are always appreciated, but a UFO blog? Not so sure about that!

Zuzana said...

Hehe, I agree, ha is a scary hunk of stone (or wood?)
You are right, this will make sure children are nowhere near the road.;))

Diane said...

Looks a bit like my ex-mother-in-law... but friendlier ;)