Tuesday 17 March 2009

When will it end?

After a few "dry" days the local TV stations and the NWS have been forecasting doom and gloom again for the Big Island - another big storm is heading this way. A flood watch was issued last night and is still active although so far we've had no heavy rain at all, in fact it's been a typical British-type drizzle all afternoon and evening, and I'm used to that! I'm getting even more used to heavy and flooding rains which have been going on for weeks here and we may just get some more overnight. Just when will this cycle end?

During the last month I've spent a little time learning about photography, especially since I was given a couple of excellent digital photography books as a late Christmas present. It's really whetted my appetite although the weather just hasn't been cooperating. I'm back at the summit this weekend and was hoping to try out some of the techniques I've been attempting to learn (it's frightening how many mistakes I keep making though - this is going to be a long process) but the forecast for the summit is dire, and it's been snowing there most of the day, so there's a good chance we won't even be able to get there. I suspect I'll be posting photos from the last month here very soon, and if it goes on like this, from the last year! I think I might do a "don't do this sort of thing when taking photos" post.

Well, you learn by your mistakes I think.

Still, looking on the bright side, the weather might give me an opportunity to see if I can apply any of the knowledge I should have by now to photography of flora, but I'm getting to that age when memory starts to fail.

What was the question again?

No comments: